The most expensive camera is set to be released in Japan as a limited edition piece with an eye watering price tag of $31,000 making it one of the most expensive digital cameras in the world. The Leica camera was released originally earlier in 2011 and was the traditional black framed camera and is on sale for a more reasonable price of $8,000 on Amazon and other Leica suppliers. The latest white M9-P features most of the black version with a silver chrome setting a 50mm fo.95 Noctilux Aspherical lens, and an 18-megapixel CCD image sensor that able you to capture of the full 35-mm film format without any compromises
The m9-p is said to be scratch resistant and practically unbreakable with a beautiful sapphire crystal cover for its lcd display- the crystal is one of the hardest minerals used and can only be worked and cut using a special dimaond handling tools. Furthermore the screen as a special anti reflective shield on both sides for better user viewing.
Most of the features found on the black traditional version can also be found on the white so this camera is for sheer luxury and statement.
How many people carry a white camera!
The piece will be out in June in time for the summer holiday snaps
Some of the boring specifics of the camera below!
- Camera type: Compact digital view and range finder system camera.
- Lens attachment: Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding.
- Lens system: Leica M-Lenses from 16 to 135 mm.
- Picture format/image sensor: 5270 x 3516 pixels (18.5 megapixel) CCD chip, active area approx. 23.9 x 35.8 mm; 5212 x 3472 pixels (18 megapixel) (corresponding to usable format of analog Leica M models).
- Resolution: Adjustable, DNG: 5212 x 3472 (18 megapixel), JPEG: 5212 x 3472 (18 megapixel), 3840 x 2592 (10 megapixel), 2592 x 1728 (4.5 megapixel), 1728 x 1152 (2 megapixel), 1280 x 846 pixels (1 megapixel).
- Data formats: DNG (raw data), choice of uncompressed or slightly compressed (by non-linear reduction of color depth), 2 JPEG compression levels.
- File size: DNG: 18 MB (compressed)/36 MB (uncompressed), JPEG: approx. 2–10 MB.
- Color spaces: Adobe RGB, sRGB.
- White balance: Automatic, manual, 7 presets, color temperature selection.
- Storage: medium SD cards up to 2 GB/SDHC cards up to 32 GB.
- Menu languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian.
- Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X (10.6).
- Exposure metering: Exposure metering through the lens (TTL), center-weighted with working aperture. Center-weighted TTL metering for flash exposure with system-compatible SCA-3000/2 standard flash units.